Training was delivered to relevant local government office experts, representatives from kebele administration, cooperative members, youth and women groups form Shashemene and Shalla weredas , West Arsi Zone, CRV. As part of the “ Integrated land use and community development project”, the HoAREC&N-AAU in partnership with Arsi Nature Conservation and Environment Development Association (ANCEDA) organized a two day training workshop at WondoGenet College of Forestry and Natural Resources on “Community ecotourism development and management” from November 29-30, 2022.
The training covered different topics mainly
- Defining local community ecotourism
- Ecotourism resources and its benefits
- Identifying natural and cultural ecotourism resources available.
- Community Ecotourism Development and Management
- The role of relevant stakeholder in the development of community Ecotourism development.
A total of 35 participants attended the training.
The objectives of this two-day training were:
- To increase the understanding of participants on Community Ecotourism development
- To facilitate the sites selection for local ecotourism development surrounding the Jama-Urji areas and beyond.
- To enhance the local capacity to manage the natural and cultural resources of the area