Our Vision and Mission
Safe, healthy and sustainable environment in the Horn of Africa
Mission: to contribute to sustainable development, promote better environmental governance and management in the Horn of Africa while enhancing the development of environmental support sectors such as the promotion of renewable energy and the stimulation of new value chains for sustainable products and services.
• To contribute to natural resources conservation;
• To encourage formulation of policies for sustainable use of natural resources and other protection measures;
• To promote trans-boundary collaboration on environmental issues in the Horn of Africa;
• To promote environmental disaster preparedness and mitigation;
• To integrate the local customs and cultures of the region in environmental protection schemes;
• To promote equitable natural resource benefit sharing; and
• To establish sustainable financial mechanisms for the Network and the Centre.