The senior project officer will be responsible for the coordination, management and facilitation of the implementation of the CABES project activities. The officer will closely work with national, regional and international partners for the smooth and effective implementation of the project activities. He/she will be responsible for engaging partners in constructive dialogues, in preparing project activity plans and resources needed, routine communications about the project with implementing partners and international collaborators, reporting and documenting project outputs and outcomes. The officer will also be responsible for the monitoring, evaluation and knowledge management of the project results and achievements. He/she will engage and work with partners and project beneficiaries during implementation of the project.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate all project related activities during the implementation
- Support/ facilitate development and implementation of project action plan
- Organize/ facilitate regional and sub-regional workshops
- Conduct regular communication with project partners and stakeholders to facilitate timely implementation of project activities
- Support establishment /strengthening of partnerships with national/regional platforms
- Support/ facilitate establishment, strengthening and enhancement of multi-stakeholder national, sub-regional and regional scale Biodiversity Ecosystem Service platforms
- Facilitate overall education & capacity development program to target students/trainees from the region
- Supervise the establishment and management of database on Biodiversity Ecosystem Services to serve the network
- Support/ facilitate publishing of research outputs and policy briefs
- Facilitate knowledge management activities/ outreach and dissemination of project results
- Facilitate and involve in project monitoring and evaluation, knowledge management and dissemination
Required Skills and Experience:
- MSc Degree and above in Plant Biology/Botany, Biodiversity Management, Vegetation Ecology and Forestry science, Natural resource Management and relevant fields.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience in the field of Biodiversity and ecosystem management /Natural resource management/or related fields
- At least 5 years of experience working in implementing projects on biodiversity management, conservation, natural resource management, environmental management, forestry, etc.
- Minimum of 5 years working experience with an NGO or donor-based projects
- Good knowledge of computer applications, database management.
- Good command of English
How to Apply
Applications can only be accepted through the following e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Send your cover letter, CV and relevant credentials in pdf format and please write the position on the subject line.
Deadline for Application: March 14, 2022.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted