Post Title: Intern
Work Unit: Library and documentation
Duration of Internship: Three months
Duty station: Addis Ababa, HeadQuarters
Number required: One
Horn of Africa Regional Environment Centre and Network (HoA-REC&N), Addis Ababa University, is pleased to announce the availability of an internship position within the Library and Documentation unit.
The intern will have the opportunity to participate in the daily operations of the documentation section and gain practical experience while conducting support services as acquiring, organizing, managing and providing access to the HoA-REC&N’s document collections.
- Organize the content of material by cataloguing, classifying and indexing
- Maintain computerized information files
- Organize the storage and preservation of material
- Arrange the circulation and loan of material, including loans to collaborating agencies
- Provide appropriate assistance to users
- Ensures proper use of library facilities
- Maintains reading environment to be inviting
- Undertakes all other related duties as may be required
• Fresh graduates with BA/BSc in Library Science, information systems, and related
• Excellent computer skills in MS word, Excel
• Fluency in English (verbal and written)
How to Apply: Interested applicants shall send electronic copies of their documents/testimonials via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Deadline: October 6, 2017